Microscopy Imaging Center (MIC), University of Bern
Platform manager: Ruth Lyck, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +41 (0) 31 631 4154. Address: Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern. Freiestrasse 1. 3012 Bern. Website: Microscopy Imaging Center (MIC)
The Microscopy Imaging Centre (MIC) of the University of Bern is an inter - faculty network for microscopy, involving members from many different institutions within the medical, VetSuisse and natural sciences faculties.
The MIC is the central contact point for high-end microcopy in Life Sciences for the entire University of Bern. It provides and organizes the access to high-end microscopes and coordinates new investments in microscopy.
• Local position and maintenance of microscopes: highly specific knowledge on-site
• Central access coordination to high-end microscopic techniques and consolidation of cutting edge microscopy knowledge.
The MIC provides:
(According to the mandate ("Leistungsauftrag") of the University Board)
• State-of-the-art supply in high-end microscopy
• Methodological support in image analysis and sample preparation
• Usage optimization of available resources
• Comprehensive teaching modules in cutting edge microscopy (lectures and practicals)
• Quality assurance through standardization of processes
• Unifying of microscopy tariffs
• Public relations intending to position the MIC as the competence center in high-end microscopy
• Promotion of knowledge exchange within and outside the University of Bern
• Improvement of the viability research projects with respect to financial application
• Yearly MIC Symposium with national and international attendance of experts in the field of microscopy